Nostalgia

A few years back, I had to spend a long while in another country. This was actually a good experience for me. I got a chance to see a new culture, and interact with people who had completely different opinions about the world.

But the longer I lived away from home, the more I was missing it. Namely I was missing books, movies and music back from home. Unfortunately, none of it was popular enough to be found.

This gave me an idea. At that time, I would have paid much extra just to get some DVDs of new movies or a new book from one of my favorite authors, back from home.


If only someone organized a website with a service such as "Tell me what to send you from country X, and I'll find it".

Now that I'm back home, I did a bit of research and it turned out that mailing a DVD internationally from here, would cost $60. That's too expensive to make any profit for me.

However, maybe someone out there can find a way to materialize this idea, and make a new business.

No comments: